Two weeks ago I went to visit my friend Meg. During one conversation, Meg paused and said something to the effect of "Brian must have like a million hobbies."
It's true. Brian has like a million hobbies.
When you're married to someone with a million hobbies, it makes having zero hobbies even more noticeable and embarrassing. :-)
I actually do have a few hobbies, but laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and taking care of Otis consume a lot of my spare time. I've decided to go back to setting some monthly goals. Even if I don't get around to actually achieving the goals, at least I'm attempting to make time for things outside of my usual, mundane tasks.
This month, I think I've decided to take a big leap of faith and volunteer to be a Sunday School teacher in the children's department at church.
This is something I've wanted to do for a while, but it's been easy to talk myself out of it. For starters, it will involve making a commitment to be at church on Sunday mornings, which is never easy. Regularly attending church is something that's important to me, so I definitely need to make that a priority and not just an option.
So that's my big goal for this month.
1. Volunteer in the children's department at church in some capacity, whether it be a Sunday School teacher, assistant teacher, etc.
2. Plan a nice date with Brian that doesn't involve eating at El Rodeo. (This month marks 4 years of dating!)
3. Think of new, creative ideas for my blog that focus on creating meaningful content.
4. Make an effort to be more considerate and kind in my speech.
- Stop starting sentences with "I know this is mean of me to say, but...." Instead, I should just not say it!
- Take time to read the Bible and pray each day.
Okay, that's all for this month, but I have a feeling these won't be too easy!
Image from Landee See, Landee Do
I hope everyone has a happy Fourth of July!